Makes 24 cookies.
These peanut butter cookies are gluten free and taste a lot like traditional peanut butter cookies. They can be made festive with a little chocolate or served plain. Another option is to top them with chopped peanuts dipped in maple syrup.
1 cup unsweetened, natural peanut butter (the runnier the better)
1/3 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons coconut flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ of a 100 g dark chocolate bar (or about 2 ounces chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the peanut butter, maple syrup, non-dairy milk, vanilla, and salt.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, stir the coconut flour and cornstarch together.
- Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture gradually, stirring to combine thoroughly.
- Form the dough into 24 balls. Place 12 balls on each cookie sheet.
- Use a fork dipped in water to flatten each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for about 20-30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over very low heat – be careful not to burn it. Stir.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto half of each cookie. Return to cookie sheet until the chocolate sets. Cookies freeze well.