Makes 24 cookies
These cookies are not only a delicious treat, but they are a wonderful source of omega-3 fatty acids.
2½ cups walnuts
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup nut butter (e.g., almond, hazelnut, mixed)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup oat flour (or flour of your choice)
1/3 cup ground flaxseeds
1/3 cup dried cranberries, cherries, goji berries or coconut (optional)
24 pecan halves
2-3 tablespoons maple syrup for brushing on pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a food processor, grind walnuts until they are finely chopped.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the maple syrup, nut butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Add walnuts, oat flour, flaxseeds, and cranberries (if using). Stir to combine.
- Spray 2 cookie sheets or line 2 cookie sheets with silicone mats.
- Drop dough on cookie sheets with a spoon and flatten with a fork dipped in water.
- Top with a pecan half. Brush with maple syrup.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden on edges.