Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 24-28 cookies.
1 cup (250 ml) dates, pitted, packed
1/3 cup (80 ml) boiling water
1 cup (250 ml) natural peanut butter (if very thick, thin with 1-3 Tbsp oil)
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
1/4-1/2 tsp (1-2 ml) salt
1/3 cup (80 ml) ground flaxseed
3/4 cup (125 ml) oat flour, coconut flour or almond flour (or other flour as desired)
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Put dates in a 2-cup measuring cup, pour in boiling water and cover for 5-10 minutes to soften dates.
3. Place dates (with water), peanut butter, vanilla, and salt in a food processor. Process until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the flaxseed and flour and pulse until thoroughly mixed.
5. Form into 1 inch balls. Place on an silicon mat on a cookie day or on an oiled cooked try. Press with a fork the flatten.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until nicely browned.
7. Cool. Store in an airtight container or freeze.